Frequently Asked Questions
We receive hundreds of calls every week and keep very busy with the phone, so if you can locate the information you need on our website that will save us both time!
- What separates you from other
companies? Our goal is to provide the best service while
still offering a reasonable price. We have been in the truck industry
for over 30 years and have always worked off of repeated buyers and
word of mouth referrals.
- All of our gliders are built to better then new standards with all new OEM parts, no used parts or chopped wires.
- We specialize in Caterpillar powered gliders.
- We make it our goal to help buyers build exactly what they would like, with the level of customization they request.
- Our 25+ years of building trucks gives us a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. This also helps us provide the best options and quality for you.
- We stand behind our product and aim to glorify God with our workmanship.
- Do you sell gliders? No, we are primarily an assembler, but we do have local dealers we can refer that work with us providing tight margins and will ship the gliders direct to our facility.
- How much does a new glider kit cost? Prices continually change but if you know the make, model, and setup you would like then we may be able to give you a close estimate. It will most likely be above the price of a new truck.
- How much does it cost to put a glider together? Glider assemblies can vary with options but you can see our sample assembly bill.
- Do you do custom work on gliders? Yes we install drop visors, straight pipes, light bars, half fenders, etc.
- Do you do service work? We try to stay away from this because of our workload.
- Are you a trucking company? No.
- Why are you building glider kits? Because we are finding many individuals who cannot profitably operate current production DPF and Urea Engines. The older engines get much better fuel economy, power, and reliability.
- Are you a salvage yard? No.
- What about Federal Excise Tax - FET? There is a "Safe Harbor Rule" that most gliders fall under and we have never had to pay FET on a glider. However, check with your tax consultant for updates / clarifications.
- What is the best engine to install in a Peterbilt Glider? A 6NZ/2WS series Cat C15 is what we recommend for the best performance and longevity. A 70 Pin ECM engine is required for Peterbilt/KW gliders.
- Who do you recommend to rebuild Cat engines? We recommend a CAT rebuild for warranty purposes, although your local mechanic may be a good option as well.
- How can I get Maximum fuel economy
out of my C15 Cat engine? Install a performance cam and a PDI
or Bully Dog manifold. This combo will increase MPG about 1-1.5 MPG
and give approximately 145 extra HP plus about 175 ft.lbs of torque
without changing fuel settings.